Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where it all Began!

I was your typical 19 year-old teenage boy, soccer, family, friends and life in general, always on my mind. I was saving up money (at times spending faster than saving) for things that not most teens wouldn't save up for! It was May 25th 2010 Wednesday morning when that long awaited call came from the Post Office. "Hello is Elder Jones there?" I knew just what that call was for! That day seemed to not go fast enough school, work, seminary graduation but all in due time it came. Gathered at my home with people all around I took the knife in my nervous shaking hand and cut the envelope!

Dear Elder Jones,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.You are assigned to labor in the California Santa Rosa Mission. It is expected that you will serve for a period of 24 months.

 Now think about that leaving behind all that you have, all the people that you love for 24 months, WHY? I will tell you why, because I know that this Church is true and I know that the blessing that come from it are endless and amazing and will be till the end! This Gospel brings to pass Eternal Life and salvation for all those that live the gospel standards and seek to follow Christ. It provides happiness, peace, joy, and endless comfort. Think about having your life changed, becoming something that you never thought about. Sounds amzaing huh?!

Since being called, I have faithfully served in Eureka CA, Vallejo CA, currently Fairfield CA, and now serving as an Online Missionary. I hope that as I post and share my experiences in the Gospel that this blog and my facebook will become an Ensign to the Nations. Meaning simply that it will teach, uplift, and support in the times that is needed most! So stay tuned for many things to come, and please be patient with me!! Jesus Christ lives and so does Heavenly Father. They are there waiting to bless us and support us in our times of need!! Remember that and seek after them and you will find ETERNAL JOY! And life does not get any better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment