Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Healing a Wounded Soul

     So these past few days my companion and I have been listening to a talk given by Jack R. Christianson. This talk is about the Book of Mormon and how it heals a wounded soul. I love this talk for many reasons but one being is because it teaches us what we must do in order for our soul to be healed! There are just a few quotes that I found to up life me and help me.

1. "You wont survive spiritually if you cant receive revelation." -Elder Packer
     I know that this is true and that in this world we live in today we must do all that we can to stay afloat.  Being in tune with the spirit can do that for us.

2. "We need to hearken, employ and use it in our lives." -Brother Christianson
    Talking of the Book of Mormon, we must not only read it but read, ponder, and act on the things we read. We can't just look and say that's nice, we must do all we can to use it daily!

3. "We must love, we must lead, and we much teach with our own healed hearts!" -Brother Christianson
     This was the nail in the coffin for me. In order to help others we ourselves must be healed! God has provided many ways to be healed and this is one way: the Book of Mormon.

I know that this talk has helped me see what it is that I must do to be healed and I know that it will do the same thing for you! So go ahead and listen to it. I know it will help!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I love the Book of Mormon! I gotta get that talk sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! "We must teach with our own healed hearts" is a bold and true statement. How on earth can we teach when we are still bleeding (so to speak)? We can't! Ima goin to go read this talk...

    ReplyDelete