Sunday, June 12, 2011

Progressive Post!! Hold Tight and Be Prepared!

     We have so far heard from Elders McBride and Menasco and Sister Nestman about their journey and life changing event! Now we have heard allot about Eureka and I myself spent 6 wonderful months there! I loved that place with my whole soul and would love to blog about it, however I have had an area with a short stay but memories that will be eternal! Vallejo California is a city of diversity, one with all sorts of different people, places, structures, but if all of that set aside something can be found there that will change your life! I spent 6 weeks in Vallejo and I remember one thing specific to my stay, Hold Tight and Be Prepared! It is like the scripture that is found in 1 Nephi 8: 24
    
And it came to pass that I beheld others pressing forward, and they came forth and caught hold of the end of the rod of iron; and they did press forward through the mist of darkness, aclinging to the rod of iron, even until they did come forth and partake of the bfruit of the tree.

     In Vallejo there are thousands of people! But as I was there I truly did meet those people that were pressing forward and clinging to that rod! Despite all the trials, hardship, sadness, and anything else that could get one down. They pressed forward clinging. And as I was there, this is what I learned, to press on in my life's journey, Hold Tight to the Iron Rod and Be Prepared for anything that may come my way. I know and love this gospel and saw it bless the life's of so many in Vallejo and know that it will continue to do so. I will take this lesson that I cherish and always remember the people of that blessed city, and how they although struggling did all they could and lived this gospel. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that he loves me and that my Father in Heaven will as well! I testify that if you cling to the iron rod (the word of God) that you will never feel alone and scared, but you will feel happy safe and calm! Now that you know a little more about Vallejo and how it blessed my life, check out Elder Dave Mahrt's blog for what he learned in his past areas!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how in that scripture it doesn't just say "hold" the rod, but "cling" to it! When I picture someone "clinging" to something, I picture someone holding on to something for all they're worth.

    ReplyDelete